The London Technology Unconference is an annual gathering of technologists within Thomson Reuters.
In 2018, I hosted a session about the infrastructure-as-code framework I lead in ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting.
In particular, I talked about:
- Why infrastructure-as-code was essential for our team.
- The Python scripts and CloudFormation templates we had written.
- How our YAML configuration-as-code allowed other teams to easily fork our work and deploy their own infrastructure.
- How we ensured high quality and tested our code.
- The tools and strategies we found useful.